I read an article that talks about world hunger and how it and poverty fit so well together. This article says that "in 2005, almost 1.4 billion people lived below the international poverty line, earning less than $1.25 per day" (Hunger Facts). With out the money to buy food, hunger and starving is imminent. Another way this article demonstrates how hunger and poverty go together is when it says that "947 million people in the developing world are undernourished" (Hunger Facts). This shows a direct relationship between poverty, because most all of developing worlds are impoverished, and hunger, because undernourishment causes hunger because they do not have the right nourishment to keep them on their feet and health. This relates to my life because I am living in this world with these people that are constantly hungry. I feel that I have a certain responsibility to attempt to make a difference. To make differences, I have my relatives buy me chickens for Christmas to give to third-world countries. I also donate about 500 grains of rice through freerice.com everyday. I hope that I am not the only one doing stuff like this because this is a problem that I believe can only be fixed with the help of people around the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment