Morin, Richard and Megan Rosenfeld. "With More Equity, More Sweat." 22 Mar 1998 A1. 11 Feb 2009 .
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Gender roles
I read "With More Equity, More Sweat" by Washington Post staff writers Richard Morin and Megan Rosenfeld. This article says that having both sexes equal in the work place has made it better for both men and women alike. On the down side to this however, this article says, "this relatively new world have made building successful marriages, raising children and leading satisfying lives ever more difficult". I think that although the equal job opportunities are important for women, I do not see why it should have such a great effect on marriages. This article reminds me of my reading in AP World History because we have learned about many societies; all have a patriarchal based society. I find it interesting how once women and men are considered equals in the work force, building successful marriages becomes more difficult. I know that over time, change happens, so I hope that marriages become stronger as women remain as equals to men.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment