Thursday, September 18, 2008

Recent Read

Recently, I read a book called S.C.A.M. This book was written by Sparknotes. It incorporates 1000 of the most common words on the SAT. I read it twice actually to work on getting these common SAT vocabulary words in my head and memorized. Before I started to read this book, I thought it was going to be like a paper of mine where I just hit the synonyms button and pick a word so I sound smarter. That was not the case. It is just like any book but the vocabulary words are bolded and there definition is at the bottom of the page. Plus, the plot is very intriguing and is easy to relate to because it is about highschoolers. The book is very helpful and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quick read.

3 comments:

Elsa G. said...

It sounds like reading a dictionary..
Does it have a plot?

Samantha H said...

I think that it is a very smart idea to prepare yourself for the SAT's.

Nakul P. said...

That must have been very interesting... please enlighten me on how to read such advanced texts.